BoricAcid.net.au is committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1. What is “Personal Information”
1.1 “Personal information” is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
1.2 BoricAcid.net.au collects personal information from its users via the BoricAcid.net.au website (Website) or when you email us or contact us by telephone or mail.
2. Information collected via BoricAcid.net.au Website
2.1 BoricAcid.net.au will not collect any personal information about visitors to the Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, BoricAcid.net.au will collect personal information from users to its Website when they register to receive e-newsletters, enter competitions or surveys.
2.2 When you visit and browse the Website, BoricAcid.net.au’s Website host will collect personal information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
2.3 This information will not be used to identify you and may include:
- the number of users visiting the Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit; or
- the path taken though the Website.
2.4 BoricAcid.net.au’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of the Website.
2.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
2.6 If you access the Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log onto the Website and it is automatically deleted from your hard drive after a period of thirty days.
2.7 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. BoricAcid.net.au does not currently use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing its Website.
3. What information BoricAcid.net.au collects about you
3.1 BoricAcid.net.au collects or may collect the following kinds of information about users:
- ‘contact information’. This may include an email address where BoricAcid.net.au can contact you. It may also include your name, mobile phone number, other phone numbers or address details.
- Communications (by email or other means, which pass through the BoricAcid.net.au systems) between yourself and BoricAcid.net.au.
- Other personal information provided voluntarily by you. This could be in response to surveys, contests or online activities.
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited etc. None of this information identifies you personally.
4. How BoricAcid.net.au uses the personal information it collects about you
4.1 We only use personal information collected via our website for the purposes for which it was given to us.
We do not share personal information about individuals with other government agencies, organisations or any one else unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
5. Who we disclose your personal information to
5.1 When an individual’s email address is received by us because they sent us a message, the email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which they have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list
6. Your consent
7. Updating, storage and security of personal information held by BoricAcid.net.au
7.1 Individuals who choose to join our email lists, complete online forms or lodge enquiries will have their contact details stored on password protected databases.
Staff members associated with website maintenance have access to our website’s backend system which is password protected. Our website server, hosted by our internet service provider, is also password protected.
8. Finding out what personal information BoricAcid.net.au holds about you
8.1 You are entitled to access personal information that BoricAcid.net.au holds about you. If you request access to your personal information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles. If BoricAcid.net.au refuses your request to access your personal information, it will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
8.2 A request for access can be done in any of the following ways:
9. What to do if you have a question, problem or complaint about our use of your personal information